A Tax Consultant must be able to understand our potential and existing client’s requirements and challenges around calculating and managing Income Taxes, including tax depreciation, deferred taxes, and tax provision. By understanding these challenges our Tax Solution Architect will be able to identify PowerPlan delivered solutions to these tax requirements and challenges. Our solutions include both our software products and our complimentary professional services.
Once solutions are identified work with the account team to provide an estimate of services and potential software solutions which meets the client’s needs. Be able to configure or guide the configuration of the application to ensure the solution is delivered as planned and to the client’s satisfaction. A significant portion of time will be dedicated to billable project work while another portion will be focused on relationship and business development. The amount of time spent on these activities will vary over time and from project to project.
Travel is generally 70% of the time – mostly in the U.S. and Canada.
Key Performance Objectives
- As part of a team, deliver successful tax related projects with high customer satisfaction and engagement. As part of the a project team, which can vary from 4-5 people for a large project to 2-3 people for a smaller engagement, this person will be relied upon for identifying and documenting the most effective and compliant solutions for our customers. Responsible for providing real time problem solving guidance and insights both to the customer and to the rest of the project team.
- Understand our customer’s income tax challenges and communicate PowerPlan’s software and service value proposition: Leverage relationships and understanding of the client’s needs to identify opportunities for additional PowerPlan services. Estimate the services associated with the solution and provide client with a statement of work.
- Research Tax laws and regulations around Corporate Income Tax and Property Tax: Keep up with the latest federal and state income tax laws and regulation to propose creative solutions through services offerings and/or product ideas. Specific areas of focus are Tax Depreciation, Deferred Taxes, and Provision.
- Engage in internal knowledge sharing and people development: Contribute to the knowledge growth of the entire team. Both formal and informal opportunities exist for knowledge sharing and people management via direct reporting relationships or informal mentoring/coaching respectively.
Connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing, and enthusiastic way. Working at an extremely fast pace, and will require working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks, and will be integral in motivating others. The job requires team or collaborative work within the organization, and will be integral in bringing out the best in others. Strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act, will be an important aspect of the job.
It is important in this job for goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner. Decisions will many times have to be made under pressure, and will generally need the ideas and advice of others. Details will need to be handled quickly and accurately, but will not be a repetitive part of the job. Many tasks in this job may entail selling or persuading others, and/or may entail training others in some capacity. This job will involve controlling all aspects of tasks, from the initiation, through the process and through to completion.
- 3+ years Big 4 or equivalent industry tax experience (ideally the asset centric space or utilities, oil and gas, transportation, large retail or manufacturing)
- Expected experience title: Tax Manager/Tax Senior
- Inquisitive mind
- Willingness to travel to clients
- Interest in software and technology solutions. Examples include:
- Management information systems background
- Prior coding classes or skills (C++, SQL, JAVA, Matlab, Python)
- Accounting or tax software acknowledgements
- Plus: Master’s Degree in Tax or CPA
- Plus: Best practice exposure to the following processes:
- Fed and State Income Tax Compliance
- Property Tax
- Tangible Property Regulations